Saturday, April 23, 2011

Oh this is too perfect


I think to myself on Saturdays such as these when I sleep past 2 in the afternoon, how can I make up for sleeping the day away? Of course I ought to spend some time in the sun, but also do some homework. I managed this rather well on Wednesday by going to le Jardin du Luxembourg and reading a book for class, so I decided to repeat this action today.
It was another gorgeous sunny day, like it has been all week. The flowers and trees smelled amazing, and the copious subjects available for people-watching made it hard to concentrate. I got through maybe ten pages when a boom in the distance startled me.
What the heck was that?
Looking up towards the sky in the booming direction, I saw that the dark clouds were rolling in, and there was a subsequent “Boom.”
Oh jeez. Thunder in Paris.
Not wasting any time, I packed up my things and walked briskly towards the exit. The rain began not a minute later, and all around the other park visitors’ shrieks and scampering crescendo-ed in an almost humorous way and everyone ducked for cover. Not I.

iPod on and the sun still shining, I all but danced my way down the path and out to the street, the rain pounding and lightening up every few moments, trying to decide whether it should be a passing summer rain or to grow into a full-on thunderstorm.
This is one of my perfect weathers.

At last, a break in the static heat of the sun, a release, when ruining your shoes doesn’t matter, there’s a song in your heart, and at last, an open smile on your face.

Everyone else under the overhangs on the sidewalk didn’t know what they were missing.

À Bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment